7th International VDI Conference - Cyber Security for Vehicles
- Expert presentations & interactive sessions on technical challenges, current developments & the newest solutions for automotive security
- Meet technical experts & key decision-makers from leading OEMs & suppliers
- Extensive networking opportunities during roundtable discussions & networking breaks.
On June 22-23, 2021, the International VDI Conference - Cyber Security for Vehicles will take place for the 7th time! Join technical experts and key decision-makers from leading OEMs & suppliers to discuss technical challenges, stay up-to date on current developments & explore the newest solutions for automotive security.
Free of charge whitepaper download
Post-Quantum Cryptography: A Moving Target
Author: Mathias Dehm, Steffen Reith, and Marc Stöttinger
“Hey Siri, find the quickest way home!”
Vehicles are increasingly becoming connected mobile computers. This means that automotive manufacturers are as much software companies as they are producers of hardware. That’s why cyber security should be a major concern for the automotive industry. However, in a recent survey, 84% of respondents said that industry practices are not keeping pace with the ever-evolving security landscape. The VDI Conference - Cyber Security for Vehicles will allow you to stay ahead of the curve. Make use of interactive roundtable discussions, hands-on workshops, and in-depth presentations to broaden your knowledge and connect with the right people from the whole automotive security ecosystem.
Topics, Speakers and Agenda
Participants will profit from innovative ideas, latest case studies, interactive discussions and reports from current pilot projects.
Focus Areas 2021
- Regulations & standards, implementation & best practices
- Security engineering, security governance, security throughout the system life-cycle
- Secure architectures, security for automated & electric vehicles
- Safety-security interaction, the convergence of embedded & IT security
- AI & security, crypto-agility, security of cloud-based functions
- Intrusion & anomaly detection systems, forensics & analytics
- Incident response, penetration testing, methodology & tools
Selection of Confirmed Speakers 2021
- Pierre Gachon, Director IT Security, Renault SAS
- Josef Wagenhuber, Automotive Security Expert, BMW Group
- Michael Eisenbarth, Head of Cyber Security Lab, ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Florian Stahl, Senior Cyber Security Expert, AVL Germany GmbH
- Robert Kaster, Chief Technical Expert, Robert Bosch LLC
- David Yu, VP of Engineering, AICC Silicon Valley, AICC Inc.
- Falk Langer, Team Lead Vehicle Software Solutions, IAV GmbH
- Timo van Roermund, Technical Director Automotive Security, NXP Semiconductors Germany GmbH
- Christophe Jouvray, Cybersecurity & Privacy Expert, Valeo SAS
- Hosnieh Rafiee, Security Expert, Volkswagen AG
- Tim Leinmüller, Senior Technical Manager, Head of Fundamental Technology R&D, Denso Automotive Germany GmbH
If you have any questions about the program or are interested in becoming a speaker at one of our conferences, please contact Katharina Neumann.
Registration & Welcome Coffee
Chair’s Welcome & Opening Address
I. Regulations, Standards & Processes
Impact of Cyber Security Regulations on an OEM
Pierre Gachon, Cybersecurity Expert Leader, Groupe Renault, France
Automotive Cyber Security Technology Innovations in Times of UNECE Regulations
Michael Eisenbarth, Head of Cyber Security Research Lab, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Germany
Compliance with ISO/SAE 21434 – A Semiconductor Supplier‘s Perspective
Timo van Roermund, Director Automotive Security, NXP Semiconductors, Germany
Networking & Coffee Break
Cyber Security Management Systems vs. Information Security Management Systems – Two Sides of the Same Coin?
Alexander Ersoy, Head of Automotive Cybersecurity Regulations & Policies, Miriam Gruber, Chief Security Architect, both: CARIAD, Germany
Security Architecture for Intelligent Connected Vehicles (ICVs) and in China Market
David Yu, VP of Engineering, AICC Inc., USA
II. Secure Architectures
Best Practices for Building Security Protocols
Dr. Josef Wagenhuber, Specialist Development, BMW Group, Germany
Starting up MACsec for Automotive Ethernet
Dr. Lars Völker, Technical Fellow, Technica Engineering GmbH, Germany
Interactive World Café Sessions
Directly engage with international experts in these highly interactive sessions. Discuss current challenges, needs, and solutions with your peers!
• Optimal Integration of Security in a Company, Stefan Römmele, Head of Security & Privacy Competence Center, Continental AG, Germany
• Requirements & Needs for Future Security Architectures, Miriam Gruber, Chief Security Architect, CARIAD, Germany
• Automated Security Testing in Agile Product Development, Rakshith Amarnath, R&D Project Lead, Robert Bosch GmbH, Germany
Networking & Coffee Break
III. Intrusion & Anomaly Detection
An AUTOSAR-Based Solution for Automotive Intrusion Detection Systems
Dr. Eduard Metzker, Principal Solution Manager, Vector Informatik GmbH, Germany
Intrusion Detection for SOME/IP: Challenges & Opportunities
Dr. Paul Duplys, Program Lead „Security, Privacy & Safety“ & Senior Manager, co-author: Tobias Gehrmann, Security Researcher, all: Robert Bosch GmbH, Germany
Intrusion & Anomaly Detection in Cooperative Intelligent Transportation Systems (C-ITS)
Tim Leinmüller, Manager Corporate R&D, Denso International Europe, Germany
End of Conference Day 1
IV. V2X Security & Privacy
Security & Privacy Challenges of Connected Vehicles to Cloud Based Infrastructures & Services
Dr. Hosnieh Rafiee, Mainframe Group / Security Expert in Automotive, Cloud & IT Systems, Volkswagen AG, Germany
The Privacy Paradox in Automated & Connected Vehicles
Florian Stahl, Principal Consultant, msg systems ag, Germany
Towards a Common Cybersecurity ITS Model
Dr. Christophe Jouvray, Product Cybersecurity Regulation & Norms Manager, Valeo SA, Antonio Kung, CEO, Trialog, all: France
Networking & Coffee Break
V. Threat & Risk Assessment
The CTI – Cybersecurity of Intelligent Transportation Project & Its Method for Risk Analysis
Dr. Witold Klaudel, Research Project Leader, co-author: Dr. Artur Rataj, Senior Researcher, both: Institute for Technological Research (IRT) SystemX, France
Threat Analysis Methods & Tools
Christoph Schmittner, Safety & Security Engineering, AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH, Austria
VI. Incident Management & Response
Cyber Secure Monitoring and Incident Response for Vehicular Systems
Prof. Dr. Falk Langer, Team Manager Connected Software Systems & Services, co-author: Lukas Stahlbock, Systems Engineer, all: IAV GmbH, Germany
Investigating a Real Life Vehicle Security Incident in a Vehicle Security Operation Center (VSOC) Solution using Threat Intelligence
Adi Dubin, Director of Product Management, Argus Cyber Security Ltd., Israel
Networking & Coffee Break
The Auto-ISAC and its Approach to Improving Automotive Security
Robert Kaster, Chief Technical Expert, Dr. Martin Emele, VP Cybersecurity, both Robert Bosch LLC., Auto-ISAC Global Task Force Europe Chair, USA
Harmonizing Cybersecurity Across the Automotive Ecosystem
David Mor Ofek, Productmanager, C2A Security, Jersusalem, Isreal
Chair‘s Closing Remarks
End of Conference
Who should attend the Cyber Security for Vehicles Conference?
Talk with the right people to broaden your views, explore new partnerships and stay ahead of the curve. This technical conference is tailored to security experts and managers from OEMs, Tier 1&2s, software and IT companies, including:
- Cyber- & IT-Security Specialists
- Security Architects & Engineers
- Software Developers & Engineers
- CTOs and CIOs
Book your ticket now
You are interested in making the most of the current developments in the automotive security scene? You want to network with other professionals in the field and gain an overview of the challenges and opportunities ahead? Then book your ticket for the 7th International VDI Conference – Cyber Security for Vehicles now!
For information about sponsoring and exhibition opportunities, please contact Martina Slominski.
The event is currently not available for booking.
We will inform you by email as soon as it is possible to book the event again.
By sending through your contact details, you won’t miss any further updates about our events.
Become an exhibitor or sponsor
Are you missing something?
Do you need more information about this event? Then please feel free to send us a message.Write a message