International VDI Conference - Future of Buses
- Exchange ideas and discuss the new concepts and challenges the bus industry will need to overcome when faced with developments in e-mobility and automation
- Learn about hurdles presented by electrifying transport systems and managing e-bus fleets and discuss the consequences for urban bus networks & city authorities
- Get insights from international best practice autonomous bus projects and be inspired by new business models and mobility solutions
- Exchange experiences with other professionals from a wide variety of fields in and around buses, e-mobility and autonomous vehicles at interactive sessions
- Profit from extensive networking opportunities during the breaks and at the evening reception
On November 08-09, 2022 , the 4th international VDI “Future of Buses” conference will take place in Dusseldorf, Germany! This event focuses on how the bus sector changes by adapting to an ever-evolving transport and mobility landscape and provides an interactive platform for open discussions with all relevant stakeholders from an international perspective.
Free of charge whitepaper download
Next Generation Active Safety Systems for City Buses
Author: Hannes Koch, Thomas Erhart, René Bruintjes; Daimler Buses EvoBus GmbH
A New Age of Public Transport?
With every disruption comes (business) opportunity: constant transition and change brings a variety of new business potential for the public transport sector. Rethinking traditional transport concepts and discussing new ideas and approaches will give the industry more impetus to prepare for the future. The need for new business models is at the top of the list of key challenges. Operators and manufacturers in particular have to move away from the certainty of traditional operations and embark upon a mission to become digital and technology driven mobility leaders. They need to set milestones in creating a new mobility mindset in the age of smart, electrified and autonomous transport solutions!
It’s all about Strategy and Technology
The international VDI “Future of Buses” conference is the ideal place to gain an overview of the rapid changes in the industry and to discuss key challenges, new concepts and emerging business opportunities. The event will look at the big picture and discuss the strategic needs of operators and manufacturers as well as the impact of autonomous and electric operations on local authorities, infrastructure and existing business models. We won’t leave out technical developments either: we will look at innovative technologies for advanced safety, driver assistance and comfort on the way to full autonomy and connectivity and discuss smart systems and the role of intermodal solutions and MaaS in the public transportation sector.
Conference Topics & Agenda
Participants will profit from innovative ideas, best practice examples, case studies, tech presentations and interactive discussion rounds!
2022’s focus topics will cover:
- Potential of Autonomous & Smart Buses
- New Business Models & New Technologies to improve Public Transport
- Strategies for Electrified Buses & New Mobility
- Connectivity & Safety
- Public Acceptance & MaaS
The conference will be supported by experts:
- Dr. Gerhard Nowak, Partner, Bain & Company Germany Inc.
- Dr.-Ing. Michael Roth, Head of Product Strategy Bus, MAN Truck & Bus AG
If you have any questions regarding the conference program or you want to become a speaker at future events, please contact Annick Pauwels.
Who should take part in this conference?
This conference will be of interest to professionals, management, experts and specialists working in strategy, operations, development, research or engineering in the following areas:
- Bus manufacturing industry & shuttle OEMs
- Autonomous mobility solutions / e-mobility / new mobility / urban mobility
- Major suppliers and software providers
- Operators, bus company owners & fleet management service suppliers
- Public transit authorities
- Consultancies and research
The event is also of interest to city authorities or those who are generally interested in what’s going on in the bus sector.
You want to engage with international experts from the bus sector? You would like to learn about new developments in autonomous and electric buses and how the entire strategic and technical picture will develop for bus manufacturers, suppliers, operators and users? Then book your seats for the conference and workshop now!
If you are a startup or non-governmental organization you could qualify for a special discounted rate. Please contact us.
Are you interested in promoting your company and products at this international VDI conference? Contact Vanessa Ulbrich for more details
Become an exhibitor or sponsor
Are you missing something?
Do you need more information about this event? Then please feel free to send us a message.Write a message