- Listen to international presentations on the latest technological developments in the field of autonomous trucks.
- Find out about new business models and use cases for logistics.
- Learn how to master the next steps on the way to autonomous driving.
- Meet leading international experts from Daimer Trucks, TuSimple, Waymo, MAN, Embark Trucks and numerous truck suppliers.
On May 16-17, 2022 our 6th international Autonomous Trucks conference will return. Future truck innovations, autonomous transportation and the usage of new business models are only some of the topics that the truck industry is concerned with. Autonomous trucks extremely influence ports, mining and especially logistics. At our 6th International VDI Conference Autonomous Trucks, one focus will be on applications in the logistics value chain and last mile. Further, we will more deeply dive into truck technology for autonomous driving – Automation, Connectivity, and Electrification – and evolving business strategies. Moreover, the horizon for the next decades, including current use cases and the regulatory framework and political environment for autonomous driving will be covered.
The future of truck
The future of trucks has already begun: New market players change and somehow define the truck landscape all over, but especially in the US and China. Therefore, the question arises of how to keep up with their pace and ideas yourself only being very small or very static.
As Association of German Engineers, we always take up the technical perspective. For this reason, truck technology will not be forgotten here. Automation, Connectivity, Electrification are only some topics we will focus in our talks. Unfortunately, it is not only TuSimple, Waymo or Uber as new players in the industry. Regarding software, the truck industry is also confronted with new players and influencers. Will their business models be successful, and can the rest of the truck industry compete?
The focus topics of 2021 included:
- Sensor Perception: Weather conditions, night vision and unexpected situations
- Progressive Platooning Systems towards Level 4 Trucks
- New Legal Frameworks in Germany & the EU
- Autonomous Electric Trucks on Public Roads
Selection of confirmed speakers from last year's conference:
- Chuck Price | Chief Product Officer, TuSimple
- Vijaysai Patnaik | Product Lead Trucking, Waymo
- Charlie Jatt | Commercial Lead Trucking, Waymo
- Niklaus H. Waser | Senior Vice President, MAN Trucks & Bus SE
- Peter Vaughan Schmidt | Head of Autonomous Technology Group Daimler Trucks, Daimler AG
- Shawn Kerrigan | Co-Founder and COO, Plus
- Chung Anh Tran | Partner EEP, Deutsche Bahn AG
- Gernot Hasenbichler | Senior Product Manager ADAS Truck & Bus, AVL List GmbH
- Tom Laux | Head of Business Development, Sales, Marketing for Continental's Advanced LiDAR Solutions, Continental
- Mathias Halliger | Vice President of Automotive Products, NVIDIA
- Joseph Putney | Director of Commercial Systems, Robotic Research
Take the opportunity to exchange technical expertise
The conference offers you a unique platform to exchange expertise with international experts from all over the world. The fourth edition of the International VDI Conference Autonomous Trucks will offer an interesting mixture of technical presentations from major OEMs, suppliers, research institutes as well as interesting customers. The most important aim is to generate a worldwide picture and discuss the horizon of autonomous trucks.
Secure yourself a place
You want to get comprehensive information about the diverse opportunities and challenges in the field of autonomous trucks? Would you like to exchange ideas with renowned experts on new business models and innovative applications? Then secure your place now at the 6th International VDI Conference "Autonomous Trucks". With your ticket you can also attend the two parallel conferences "Connected Off-Highway Machines" and "Smart Farming".
The Autonomous Trucks Conference is aimed at professionals, management and decision makers in the following areas:
- Truck manufacturers
- Major suppliers (brake systems, sensors, environmental perception, software and others)
- Automotive IT companies
- Logistics companies & further users of truck technology
- Start-up companies focused on autonomous trucks
- Research institutes with a focus on autonomous trucks and vehicles
The event is currently not available for booking.
We will inform you by email as soon as it is possible to book the event again.
By sending through your contact details, you won’t miss any further updates about our events.
Become an exhibitor or sponsor
Are you missing something?
Do you need more information about this event? Then please feel free to send us a message.Write a message