Automotive UX & HMI
The international VDI conference “Automotive UX & HMI” gives you a detailed overview of the latest UX and HDMI developments in the automotive industry – especially in the context of automated driving. You will learn about which UX and HMI technologies exist from international industry experts and what role augmented reality, virtual reality and artificial intelligence play. The conference will also shed light on the impact these technologies have on car-to-x communication and road safety.
How will customers interact with your vehicle in the future?
Modern vehicles are increasingly equipped with highly autonomous systems that relieve the driver of control in certain traffic situations or partially take over control. In the future, the vehicle will increasingly change from a “workplace” to a place where consumers can spend time. This will lead to new requirements for the human-machine interface (HMI) and the design of the user experience (UX). Artificial intelligence methods will also make highly automated driving increasingly safe. But how can engineers use UX and HMI technologies to help ensure that drivers trust these highly complex systems?
The international VDI conference “Automotive UX & HMI” will demonstrate why HMI and UX play a crucial role in the future of automated driving and how you can successfully bring together design and engineering expertise when creating human-machine interfaces. A key goal of HMI development is to establish trust, so that the driver hands over control to the vehicle without fear or reservations. In the process, the driver must be made aware of when they should “take back control” based on driving conditions. Discuss these and other challenges at the VDI conference "Automotive UX & HMI" with leading international industry experts.
Focus of the conference
Amongst others, the VDI conference "Automotive UX & HMI" will look at the following topics:
- Humanized HMI
- UX in micromobility
- Adaptation of the UX to the driver's needs
- Regulatory aspects of HMI
- HMI challenges in automated driving
- UX trends (augmented reality, gestures, tactility)
- Technical requirements for human-machine interactions in automated driving
- HMI/UX in electromobility
Chairman and Speakers 2023
Chairman: Prof. Dr. Gerrit Meixner
- Stéphane Feron | HMI Expert, Stellantis
- Dr. Gabriel Fodorean | HMI Technology and Innovation Manager, Saint-Gobain Sekurit GmbH
- Eva Fortmann | Human Factors Engineer, Ford Werke GmbH
- Andreas Kurbos | CEO, Studiokurbos GmbH
- Dr. Barbara Metternich-Heider | User Experience Design Automotive / UX/UI Strategic Development Manager, Luxoft GmbH
- Friedrich Niehaus | Senior Expert, Daimler Truck AG
- Tobias Oetermann |, M.Sc., Institute for Automotive Engineering (ika), Aachen
- Mario Schwarz | Heilbronn University
- Sergej Schmunk | R&D Team Manager Software - Android Automotive and Frank Uhlig | Head of UX Design, Elektrobit
- Bertrand Stelandre | CEO, Epicnpoc
- Prof. Dr. Andrea Upmann | Professor for Automotive Interior, University of Applied Sciences Aachen
- Dr. Thomas Vöhringer-Kuhnt | Advanced User & Product Research, Director, Lotus Tech Innovation Centre GmbH
- Hamed Yahyaei | Senior UX, CX, & Service Designer and Board member of Union for University Graduates, Scania Group
- Discuss the latest developments and trends in the fields of UX and HMI with leading automotive experts.
- Learn about the challenges automated driving poses to human-machine interfaces.
- Learn why different user groups sometimes have very different requirements for HMI design.
- Use the conference and evening event to exchange ideas with colleagues and international industry experts.
The VDI conference “Automotive UX & HMI” is aimed at specialists and managers who deal with User Experience and Human-Machine Interface. In particular:
- Automotive OEMs and suppliers
- IT experts in HMI, UX, UI and Infotainment
- UX designers
- Research institutes
Evening event included
We cordially invite you to finish off the first day of the event with a cozy get-together. Enjoy the culinary offerings and use the evening event to network with colleagues and industry experts in a relaxed atmosphere.
Your conference leader
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Gerrit Meixner is Research Professor for Human-Computer-Interaction and Managing Director of UniTyLab at the Faculty of Computer Science at Heilbronn University.
You’d like to comprehensively inform yourself about current developments in the fields of UX and HDI? Do you want to know about the user experience your customers will expect in the future and what technologies you can use to meet these requirements? Then book your ticket now for the international VDI conference “Automotive UX & HMI”.
Become an exhibitor or sponsor
Are you missing something?
Do you need more information about this event? Then please feel free to send us a message.Write a message