International VDI Conference - Automotive Data Communication 2024
- Learn about the latest developments in the field of on-board data network architecture.
- Discuss the optimal use of powerful domain and zone computers (High Performance Computing).
- Listen to presentations on the implications regarding safety and security.
- Use the evening event and the accompanying exhibition to make contacts and establish new business relationships.
The international VDI conference "Automotive Data Communication 2024" deals with the current status and future developments of on-board data network architectures in vehicles. You will learn about the advantages of zonal E/E architectures and how to realize high-performance and efficient data transmission with low latency for software-defined vehicles. Discuss with top-class experts from the industry which solutions are target-oriented in the area of conflict between technological progress and economic efficiency, and how you can keep vehicle safety and security in mind.
Zonal architecture for a lighter harness
The on-board network architecture of vehicles is undergoing a fundamental change. Conventional architectures with signal-based communication and physically separate bus systems are to be replaced by zonal E/E architectures. In this, the end devices are not distributed according to their function, but according to their optimal location in the vehicle. In this way, the total length of the wiring harness, which is one of the largest, heaviest and therefore most cost-intensive components in the vehicle, is reduced by up to 50%. In addition, new functions can be implemented in future architectures through updates independently of the bus system and hardware.
The international VDI conference "Automotive Data Communication 2024" will focus on the challenges associated with the development of the on-board data network of the future. Listen to cutting-edge presentations by leading experts from the automotive electronics and software environment. By attending the conference, you will not only be able to follow the technical discourse, but also to actively shape it with your own contributions. The accompanying exhibition informs you about current product trends and offers you the opportunity to find new partners for your projects.
We are currently preparing the final program for you. You will soon be able to download it here.
The VDI conference "Automotive Data Communication 2024" is aimed at specialists and managers from OEMs, Tier 1 suppliers, semiconductor manufacturers, and cable and connector manufacturers. In particular, it addresses employees who deal with the topics of "In-Vehicle Communication" and "In-Vehicle Networks".
- Oliver Bettgens, Head of WiringARCH | LV-Energy & Simulation, CARIAD SE
- Carsten Demuth, Region EMEA – Automotive Marketing & Application Director Digital Products and System Marketing, ST Microelectronics Application GmbH
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Grzemba, Vice President Research and Knowledge Transfer, Deggendorf Insitute of Technology
- Dr. Matthias Korte, Director Head of Ideation, Strategy & IP | Advanced Development, LEONI Bordnetz-Systeme GmbH
- Mario Maul, Expert Architecture & Networks Vehicle Engineering Electronics, EDAG Engineering GmbH
- Marcelino Varas, Manager Product Management, Vector Informatik GmbH
Exclusive evening event - Special day in preparation
At the end of the first day of the event, a delicious culinary offering awaits you at our evening event. End the day in a relaxed atmosphere and take the opportunity to exchange ideas with colleagues, make new contacts and expand your professional network.
The VDI Wissensforum is currently organizing a practice-oriented special day, which will take place one day after the conference. We will inform you about the topics and speakers here as soon as the program is finalized.
Your conference chair
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Grzemba is a professor at the Faculty of Applied Computer Science at the TH Deggendorf. There he is Vice President for Research and Knowledge Transfer and Head of the Center for Applied Research. He is also one of the two directors of the ProtectIT Institute and has acquired numerous state, federal and EU research projects. Prof. Grzemba has many years of experience in the field of automotive in-vehicle communication and has published three books on the LIN and MOST bus systems, among others. He was involved in the specification of partial networking for the CAN bus and has supervised several research projects in the context of the introduction of Automotive Ethernet.
Would you like to exchange ideas with leading experts on current and future developments in the field of on-board data networks in vehicles? Are you looking for a top-class event that will inform you about new product trends? Then book your ticket now for the VDI conference "Automotive Data Communication 2024".
Call for Speakers
Would you like to report on the experiences you have made in your projects to optimize data communication in vehicles? Then send us your contribution proposal by October 06, 2023, and please contact Nicolas Regiani. We are looking for speakers on the following topics:
- Future E/E Architecture (High Performance Computing / System-on-Chip / Virtualization)
- Automotive Ethernet
- CAN XL
- Real-Time Networking / Time Sensitive Networking
- Test & Tools
- V2X Communication
- Cloud connectivity (e.g. OTA updates)
- Cyber Security (MACSec / CANSec / SecOC)
Your proposal should include the presentation topic, a brief description of your presentation and information about the speaker. Please limit yourself to a maximum of 1 page.
Are you missing something?
Do you need more information about this event? Then please feel free to send us a message.Write a message